Thursday, March 13, 2008

DAY JOB

This is some of the location paintings I've completed in the last few weeks. We are in a kind of pre-pre-production phase because even though our gig is to find the visual style for the film and also do the majority of the production design, its not actually a green-lit film yet, I won't go into details about the film or even its title in case it never gets off the groug. When and if it happens, I suppose all this extensive, exhaustive exploration work will be worthwhile. Here's a sample of some key locations.

Just to digress for a second, I have a weird narration voice in my head. Out of curiosity I bought the audiobook of "No Country For Old Men" to see if the movie had the same or a different flavour. I'm enjoying it but now that I'm writing my words are being spoken in my head by an ornery and world weary southern sheriff. Its quite unsettling.




No comments: